How to Play Spicy UNO
Spicy UNO has quickly become one of our GO-TO card games.
It is played similar to classic UNO but there are a couple rules to SPICE it up! 🔥
- If anyone plays a 6, everyone must slap the deck. The last person to slap must take 2 cards.
- If anyone plays a 7, everyone must be silent. Anyone who speaks must take 1 card. This continues until another 7 is played and then people can talk again. If it’s silent and you get Uno, raise one finger to indicate Uno instead of saying it out loud.
- If a 0 is played, that person may swap hands with another player. (This is optional.)
- If a +2 (Draw 2) is played, the next player doesn’t have to draw 2 cards if they have a +2 card they can play on top of it. If they play a +2 card, the next player must then draw 4, unless they also have a +2 card which they can the play. This continues until someone doesn’t have a +2 card to play and they must then draw all the cards. (ie. 8 if four +2 cards were played). Other players can offer the current player a card to play (face down so they can’t see it) to play if they’d like. They may be bluffing and passing a random card the player doesn’t need or they might have a +2 card that the player can play. That player can choose to take that card or not.
- The above rule also applies for Wild Draw 4 cards.
- When any card is played, if you have the exact same card in your hand, you can play it right then, even if it’s not your turn, as long as you get it on top of the pile before the next player plays. Play then resumes with the player next to the player who just played the card.